Updated: Mar 8, 2020
Imagine this: You take those first few steps of that highly-anticipated walk down the aisle. All the chairs come into view, but..
No one's in them!
Like, no one! 😳😳
It's just your groom and your wedding party standing there shocked at all the vacant seats (when they should be because you look drop-dead gorgeous!) Why didn't anyone show up?!
Anyone other brides-to-be have this reoccurring nightmare?! 🙋🏼♀️🙋🏼♀️
Well, what's the difference between an empty chair and a par-tay?!
Ding! Ding! An invitation!
Ok, yes, you already know invitations are needed to get all them deets to your guests. But, wedding invitations aren't that important, right? I mean, don't they just end up in the trash anyway?
The generic, boring kind do.
But, did you know,
72% of guests are more likely to keep wedding invitations that are meaningful and sentimental to the couple,
especially if they are close family and friends.
Invitations can be so much more than just a pretty piece of paper, my friend! They can be a one-of-a-kind keepsake you proudly frame on your wall, where every time you walk past it you instantly get transported back to one of the most meaningful days of your existence!
Because here's the thing,
Wedding invitations should capture the story of your relationship!
Not just coordinate with the colors of your bridesmaids' dresses ...
This is what truly custom wedding invitations can do! The kind with an illustration of your family’s little white church on the corner or a watercolor map of the city that made you both fall head over heals for each other! Invitations that make you tear up as soon as you see them because they remind you why you are so stinkin' excited to marry your best friend!
Custom wedding invitations have the power to:
- truly set the tone for your wedding (not a cookie-cutter, mass-produced replica of a thousand other couples)
- get your guests so freakin' excited about your wedding that they immediately put in that PTO request so they don’t miss this pivotal next chapter of your love story
- be a meaningful keepsake that you and your guests will cherish forever (wish we could say the same about the flowers and cake...)
- be a personal heirloom that leads you to share with your kids how you and daddy first met as you are all curled up on the couch together
- remind you of this amazing journey you've shared and make you SO ecstatic for the one that is ahead!
So friend, don't underestimate the power of truly personalized invitations!
Want to know 3 super simple ways to add that personality to your wedding invitations?! Then check out this post and let's drop some jaws!
Photos: Molly Skoglund Photography